[ic] Variables & Admin Interface

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 15:23:00 2002

I've got a question, since nobody said anything about that previous post I
made, I'll refine it into a specific question.

If I use a command like this [seti holder][value cats][/seti] on a
interchange page, and this interchange page uses form submission to change
the value of the variable cats, what make it not work when logged into the
Admin Interface?

Example of my problem.
I made a category list, with expandable subcategories using something like:
[process]?mv_action=refresh&cats=[box-data area
code]&mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
The special vertical category list then displays all the categories, and
only displays subcategories under the category that cats is set to.  So each
time cats is set to the code for a different category, the category code
contained within cats is which subcategories get displayed.

This works for the most part, but if I login to my administration interface
(or log in at all actually) and then try to use this method of displaying
category and subcategories, the cats variable is not set properly and stays
set at one value.  I know I must be missing something here, and I want to
make this work, so does anyone know how this could be fixed?

Brendan Crosser-McGay
brendan@paymentonline.com