[ic] Variables & Admin Interface

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 18:16:00 2002

> I've got a question, since nobody said anything about that previous post I
> made, I'll refine it into a specific question.
>
> If I use a command like this [seti holder][value cats][/seti] on a
> interchange page, and this interchange page uses form submission to change
> the value of the variable cats, what make it not work when logged into the
> Admin Interface?
>
> Example of my problem.
> I made a category list, with expandable subcategories using something like:
> [process]?mv_action=refresh&cats=[box-data area
> code]&mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
> The special vertical category list then displays all the categories, and
> only displays subcategories under the category that cats is set to.  So each
> time cats is set to the code for a different category, the category code
> contained within cats is which subcategories get displayed.
>
> This works for the most part, but if I login to my administration interface
> (or log in at all actually) and then try to use this method of displaying
> category and subcategories, the cats variable is not set properly and stays
> set at one value.  I know I must be missing something here, and I want to
> make this work, so does anyone know how this could be fixed?

I think your category_vertical is using the [timed-build] tag, which
would explain the difference you see between a logged-in user and
an anonymous user.  If you want to create expandable sub-categories
then either remove the [timed-build] tags, or build the category name
into the file parameter: [timed-build file="tmp/filename_[value cats]" ...].

See the [timed-build] docs for more info.