[ic] Variables & Admin Interface

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 20:50:00 2002

>> The special vertical category list then displays all the categories, and
>> only displays subcategories under the category that cats is set to.  So
each
>> time cats is set to the code for a different category, the category code
>> contained within cats is which subcategories get displayed.
>>
>> This works for the most part, but if I login to my administration
interface
>> (or log in at all actually) and then try to use this method of displaying
>> category and subcategories, the cats variable is not set properly and
stays
>> set at one value.  I know I must be missing something here, and I want to
>> make this work, so does anyone know how this could be fixed?
>
>I think your category_vertical is using the [timed-build] tag, which
>would explain the difference you see between a logged-in user and
>an anonymous user.  If you want to create expandable sub-categories
>then either remove the [timed-build] tags, or build the category name
>into the file parameter: [timed-build file="tmp/filename_[value cats]"
...].
>See the [timed-build] docs for more info.

It is using the [timed-build] tag, but it has never had any problems with it
working before.  I took the [timed-build] tag out, and it still has the same
problem when I log in.  If I'm logged into the admin interface, or logged in
as a customer on the site, the categories don't expand properly.   Here is
an example of the URL that isn't working.

http://ic.mysite.com/mystore/process.html?id=pPfw6QRB&mv_pc=304?mv_todo=refr
esh&mv_nextpage=index&cats=37

That is a dynamic URL generated from the site, you can see at the end I
define cats as the code field of the category, so when the [if] tag is
running, it will show sub-categories when the current [loop-data area code]
equals the same value of cats.   This method of categories and
sub-categories works fine unless you sign in, and then it won't let you
change the value of cats anymore.  Anyone know why?

-Brendan

P.S. Yes the first and second sub [loop] each have their own prefix so they
don't interfere with each other.