[ic] internal server error UPDATE, please help

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 13:10:00 2002

At 12:19 PM 2/11/02 -0500, Aaron Hazelton wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Ok, I finally got the permissions right for my server to allow access to
>the cgi file, but, its incorrect for IC.  I need some input on any ways
>around this.
>
>The only way that the server will allow access to the cgi is to set the
>cgi folder and the cgi script both to 'admin1' which happens to be the
>virtual host's user.  And by setting chmod u-s to the lwh.cgi.  However,
>I know that for IC to work it should be set to 'interch' user or at
>least group right?  Right now, if I set admin1 for the user and group,
>it will give me an 'the interchange server is not available' error page
>and there are NO errors from the server end.  Also, since it is not
>actually getting to the 'lwh' store, there are no errors in that catalog
>as of yet.  Any workarounds?
>
>Help is greatly appreciated!

Whichever user is running the Interchange daemon should own the cgi
(tlink/vlink) and that cgi needs to be set chmod u+s  (SetUID bit set on
user).  Setting u-s will remove it, which is incorrect (I certainly don't
believe that the documentation told you to do that).  It does not have to
be "interch", it could be anything except root or nobody (for example).

This should be well covered in the documentation.  I think you should give
it a re-read.