[ic] internal server error UPDATE, please help

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 13:51:00 2002

> Whichever user is running the Interchange daemon should own the cgi
> (tlink/vlink) and that cgi needs to be set chmod u+s  (SetUID
> bit set on
> user).  Setting u-s will remove it, which is incorrect (I
> certainly don't
> believe that the documentation told you to do that).  It does
> not have to
> be "interch", it could be anything except root or nobody (for
> example).
>
> This should be well covered in the documentation.  I think
> you should give
> it a re-read.

What I was asking about was how you work around this.. I have read the
docs and old posts (till my brain is fried).  The only way the server
will allow the use of the cgi file is if it is owned by the virtual host
'admin1' NOT by 'interch'.  But, if IC doesn't own it, then I just get
"the interchange server is not available" which means permissions (ie
interch doesn't own it) I have to make the server think its ok for
someone besides 'admin1' to own that file and allow use through web
pages.  That's what im after but I don't know how to do that...
Aaron