[ic] Where orders go

Jerry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 14:07:00 2002

> Are you editing page files on your desktop and then ftp'ing them
> up, using
> the page editor, or using a unix text editor on the command line or with
> X-Window?  Does your scratch set look like this:
>
> [seti ORDERS_TO]^M[data table=zipcode column=order_add key='[value
> zip]'][/seti]
>
> or this:
>
> [seti ORDERS_TO]
>          [data table=zipcode column=order_add key='[value zip]']
> [/seti]
>
> Did you upload your zipcode.txt from a Windows box?
>
> Any of these conditions could result in an embedded carriage
> return, which
> would cause the error you are experiencing. A cross-check for
> this (but not
> the long-term solution) would be to add a little code right after
> the [seti]:
>
> [seti ORDERS_TO][filter op=no_white interpolate=1][scratch
> ORDERS_TO][/filter][/seti]
>
> or you could do it with a [calc]:
>
> [calc]
>          $Scratch->{ORDERS_TO} =~ s/\s+//g;
>          return;
> [/calc]
>
> Then see if it works.
>
> - Ed L.

It's finally working, but nothing that simple. Finally copied
in fresh copies of all the databases and rebuilt them in
mysql, copied in a fresh copy of interpolate.pm and Order.pm.
Modified a backup copy of catalog.cfg with the new stuff and
did the same with checkout.html, copied in a fresh copy of
profiles.order and what do you know... it all works.

I don't know which thing fixed it and after this frustration
I don't really care. :)

Still have to do this to another store, hopefull it will go
a little smoother. I also changed this so it goes to a different
orders address based on STATE, not ZIP as the store owner orignially
asked for... On to new things...

Thanks to all who helped me get this together!

Jerry Uphoff