[ic] Please help: can't get gpg to work.

Tue Feb 12 03:28:01 2002

Posted this before but to save you searching here is my GPG IC howto:

To set up IC 4.8.2 the routine is:

Get the store owner to install WinPT and/or gnupg.
Then get them to create a key pair.
They should then export the public key as an ascii file.
Upload the ascii file to the IC server and import the users public key on
the interch users ring using:

su interch   (This should be the Interchange user)

gpg --import [Filename]

Then edit catalog.cfg and add the encryptor key to the line:

EncryptKey 66A8568A

Also the e-mail address for orders in catalog.cfg should be the same as the
keys e-mail.

Re-start IC and it should do the rest.

You can test the server GnuPG using:
echo test | /usr/bin/gpg --always-trust -e -a -r 'orders@mysite.com'

> Please help, I have no clue what to do at this point.  I'm randomly trying
combinations to
> see if I can get it to work.  One thing I'm not sure of is where to enter
my passphrase?

You only need the passphrase to decrypt the order.