[ic] are timed discounts per item possible?

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 17:09:01 2002

Yeah, me again.  I get one thing done and my not-quite-so-superiors
ask me to do yet another absurdly difficult thing that seems simple
to the non-admins of the world.  :/

Anyway, I've been asked to impliment timed discounts similar
to the timed promotions that are available in item edit:merchandising.

I know that IC 4.8.3 doesn't support this out of the box, and that's
ok, but has anyone else already done this?  If so, can I leech your
code? :)  Perhaps more importantly, has anyone else tried this
and given up in frustration?

What I'm envisioning are a few select boxes with "Timed Discount",
"Start,"
"End," and a text box wherein I can enter a percentage discount.  Can
this be done with the default products database?  Or will it require
a more fundamental design change?

I know I can do discounts with tags, but I need to do it for specific
items, not globaly, and make changing the discounts available
in the admin UI so my co-workers who will be taking care of the
products database can be all point and click happy.

Any ideas at all on where to start would be wonderful.

Thanks again,

--J(K)