[ic] Verisign PFPRO Transactions Getting Dropped - SOLVED!

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 23:50:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of John Beima
>
> G'Day Ron Again,
>

> Two other things you may want to be aware of Ron...
>
> 01) When we were having decussins with Signio/VeriSign they told us
flat
> out
> that the timeout should NEVER be set below 30... We originally ran it
with
> 45
> and it made NO difference.

Thanks John, I'll adjust our configs if they are below 30.

> 02) You may want to also check your available RAM, swapping, and load
> factor.
> All contribute to slow creation of tmp files.

We tried putting in another 256mb ram, but it did not fix the problem.
Swap space was plentiful and both processors were under utilized.

> This problem does go away by resolving IO, Swapping, & tmp file
problems.

> John Beima

We're still not convinced it's a tmp file problem because we tried with
both a module that used tmp files (ic 4.8.x module) and one that did not
(signio module from minivend).  Both showed the same behavior.  This is
all on the same system that is happily running IC 4.6.x without trouble
as we speak.

We also had problems with Sendmail and PGP failing intermittently, but
only on IC 4.8.x.

I'll keep the list posted on what we find out.
-Ron

> Quoting Ron Phipps <rphipps@reliant-solutions.com>:
>
> > > From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> > [mailto:interchange-
> > > users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of John Beima
> > >
> > > Boy am I tired of seeing this one. (-:
> >
> > You can't be that tired of it... it doesn't show up as often as
"What is
> > the admin password" :)
> >

> > > This problem is cause because the IO on your box is to slow... It
is
> > the
> > > same
> > > thing with the PGP errors.
> > >
> > > Interchange uses temp files back and forth for pgp encrypting. PF
Pro