[ic] are timed discounts per item possible?

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 22:04:01 2002

If I were doing this I'd use some perl code to query a database which holds
the discount information, then apply those discounts as necessary.  Probably
have to write the front-end for it too, which is pretty easy in PHP (outside
of the Admin UI though).  If it's not necessary for the price to come up as
an actual discount, the previous suggestion of just updating the price table
with a script sounds good.

-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Jason Balicki
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 3:14 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] are timed discounts per item possible?

Yeah, me again.  I get one thing done and my not-quite-so-superiors
ask me to do yet another absurdly difficult thing that seems simple
to the non-admins of the world.  :/

Anyway, I've been asked to impliment timed discounts similar
to the timed promotions that are available in item edit:merchandising.

I know that IC 4.8.3 doesn't support this out of the box, and that's
ok, but has anyone else already done this?  If so, can I leech your
code? :)  Perhaps more importantly, has anyone else tried this
and given up in frustration?

What I'm envisioning are a few select boxes with "Timed Discount",
"Start,"
"End," and a text box wherein I can enter a percentage discount.  Can
this be done with the default products database?  Or will it require
a more fundamental design change?

I know I can do discounts with tags, but I need to do it for specific
items, not globaly, and make changing the discounts available
in the admin UI so my co-workers who will be taking care of the
products database can be all point and click happy.

Any ideas at all on where to start would be wonderful.

Thanks again,

--J(K)