[ic] database lookup tag

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 10:58:01 2002

When a user clicks on one of the categories in my modified foundation
store, the results page comes up and at the top I want to display a
little paragraph about that category. So I added an extra field to the
cat table and put my text in there. But to retreive it I've tried using
the data tag like this:

[data base="cat" field="biograph" code="00109"]

This works except the hard coded lookup code returns the same biograph
for every category. It would be nice if I could reference the cat table
with another column like:

[data base="cat" field="biograph" name="[item-field category]"]

but this doesn't work. This part of the results page is iterating
through products and the products table only contains the name of the
category not the code and I don't want to add another field to products.

So is there some other tag I can use that will fetch my category field?

Thanks in advance for any help!