[ic] help with payment/gateway integration.

Dan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 15:29:14 2002

Hi all,

I have been working on a method of passing order information out of IC
to a gateway where the users CC info is approved. Once approved the user
is then passed back to IC to view their reciept and recieve their email
confirmation. Thanks to Lyn at zolotek I am now able to get half way
through the process (all the way up to passing the return)

What I need help with now is in passing the data back into IC and
triggering the normal reciept/email process within the foundation store.

Here is how I think it should work in more detail using the foundation
checkout.

-------on gateway----------
1)cc approved on payment gateway

2)user clicks "Generate Invoice" button

3)passes munged data back to IC
  via standard POST.

-------on localhost--------

A)some cgi catches data and translates it
  to IC variables

B)IC variables are passed into standard
  processing and a receipt page and email are
  generated. Shopping cart is cleared and logs
  are generated.

I could just catch the data and translate it into a form which the user
would have to submit...but this increases the number of clicks to
process an order in an already long process. In addition this is after
the CC has been approved and should be bullet/user-proof.

Any help with A and B (esp. code examples) would be much appreciated.

There is one other method to consider. My gateway will also pass a
"silent post" in the background. The cgi could catch this and depending
on aproval code generate the email, zero out the cart and finalize the
order leaving the user to generate their own reciept with an explicit
post.

As a side note, I have read "WorldPay server payment...jan 18th". I am
not sure that this does quite what I am looking for. It seems to handle
the callback explictly and does not appear to use the existing process
infrastructure.

Many thanks,

-dan