[ic] Re: Need help with JT Justman's PayPal integration Instructions

JT Justman interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 20:23:00 2002

From: "Julia Jacobs" <jjacobs@currantmedia.com>

> I've been messing with JT Justman's .txt PayPal integration Instructions
> that he graciously posted Jan, 22
> http://www.signless.com/paypal/paypal-how.txt
> and I got stuck on something.  Mainly how to set up the content section of
> the ord/checkout.html page.  I don't know what he means by "Neuter" and
> where exactly to put his form code within the content area.  I've cut and
> pasted his instructions (they are indented) in this e-mail to show you
what
> I've done so far:

By "neuter" I mean you make it so that the checkout page does not actually
perform the checkout. Here is what you want the "checkout" page to do:

1) When the form is submitted, check it against an order profile.
2) If it fails, return to the checkout page and show errors.
3) If it succeeds, go to the page that builds the Web Accept URL
(checkout2).

The page I describe later (paypal-standby, I think I called it) is where the
checkout (as far as Interchange is concerned) is completed.

> I did that too although I'm not sure if these should be added before or
> after.  I have mine set like this now:

The order of the profiles in profiles.order is completely arbitrary.

> Made a ord/checkout2.html page
>
> Also PayPal has a perl verification script.  As well as a VB/ASP script.
> Both are in a .PDF JT Justman posted:
> http://www.signless.com/paypal/wa_manual_v5.0.pdf
>
> I know in simple mailforms I put the link to a perl script in the form
> action part.  Išve done forms that integrate with Authorizenet Credit Card
> Verification Transaction Screens where I also put a url in the form action
> that is a link to a perl script residing in my cgi-bin.  Can this be done
in
> the checkout.html page in the form?
>
> HELP!!!!!!!

Integrating with the Instant Payment verification system is on my todo. It
would have to be integrated into the backend of IC, afaik. I'm sure I could
manage, but it'll take some doing and this E-Commerce thing is my 4th job, s
o it will probably be a while.

Good luck.

JT