[ic] Put on shipping. Take off shipping.

Fri Feb 15 12:11:01 2002

At 08:05 PM 02/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a customer who wants to show what shipping would cost, then subtract
>it off to show how great they are to cover that cost.  I can't figure it
>out.
>
>I'm guessing this has been done  BUT WITHOUT A SEARCHABLE ARCHIVE, HOW THE
>H... AM I GOING TO FIND IT.
>
>M Abell

Hmmm... perhaps you could just try a few things...

You can display the shipping method and cost for any mode thusly (we'll use
UPS Ground here):

[shipping-desc uspg]: [shipping uspg]

Meanwhile, the customer can have any other mode selected via mv_shipmode,
which determines what they will actually pay in shipping charges.  In your
case, I would suggest the free shipping mode that is included with the demo.

Then you could just do something like this on pages/ord/checkout.html,
etc/receipt.html, etc/report and etc/mail_receipt:

(subototal and tax above)
Shipping cost, [shipping-desc mode]:    [shipping mode]
Hey, shipping is on us!:               -[shipping mode]
(order total below).

That's one way.  You could also use the [assign] tag to override shipping,
and no doubt there are many other ways.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax