[ic] IC Looney - Duplicate / Missing Orders

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 23:41:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-

> Help, please!
>
> IC V.4.8.2 -- "High" traffic settings.
> FreeBSD 4.0
> Perl 5.6.1
>
> In this store we get an order about every 5 minutes or so.  Beginning
> yesterday, for periods of an hour or two, IC will cease completing
orders
> in
> checkout.
>
> Nothing logged to tracking.asc.
>
> usertrack file shows lots lots of activity, but no one actually makes
it
> through checkout.
>
> The credit card charges -are- completing, Authorize.net shows the
charge
> completed.  Unfortunately, many orders have 2, 3, 4 duplicate charges
for
> the order.
>
> Nothing usefull in catalog error.log

Glenn,

Do you ever see PGP failing with status 3072 or the following sendmail
error:

/cgi-bin/cat/process.html Unable to send mail using /usr/lib/sendmail

Does the order email some times not come through to you?

> IC error.log shows dozens of "hammered PID" and "Spurious PID"
messages,
> consistent in timing with the problem.  Lack of memory?

Hrmm, I cannot remember if we saw these errors or not when the problem
happened with Verisign.

> "top" numbers show 120MB Inactive memory, 34MB Free.  CPU usage
> negligible.
> IC is the only thing running on this server (well, apache).
>
> Anything appreciated!  Thanks!
> Glenn.

I'm still trying to track this one down.  Anymore relevant information
you can think of would be appreciated.  Can you provide the following
information:

Processor:
Single or Dual:
Total Memory: