[ic] IC 4.6.5: '&' becomes '&' in html entered with item editor

Thu Feb 21 12:56:01 2002

Hi all -

Perl 5.6.0
RH   6.2
IC 4.6.5, construct demo

I've come across a minor mystery (to me). Any text entered in the item
editor it the above catalog, which contains html tags (such as <b>bold
text</b>) is being properly converted to html entities (&lt;b&gt;..etc) for
display in text fields and textareas, and then back to html when the record
is saved... but only for a superuser.  If I turn off the admin's superuser
status (yet they still have full permissions for items), logout/login, and
try the same test, the ampersand in the html entity gets converted to its
own entity equivalent ('&amp;') which breaks subsequent decode operations.

No filters have been explicitly set for the field in question.  The
behavior occurs in an unmodified construct demo, installed right out of the
box, and has been tried with both gdbm and MySQL databases, not that it
would matter.

Can anyone confirm this, and is there a patch?

Thanks,

Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax