[ic] Admin pages

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 03:11:01 2002

Scott Andreas wrote:

> Goto the directory where interchange is install ->
> rootdir/lib/UI/pages/admin
>
> good luck
>
> Scott

Why should people not read the mail with "subject: [ic]
Interchange-users guidelines [semi-monthly posting]" carefully?
---------- snip --------------
-- Contextual quoting is preferred, i.e.

                Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                > Some limited text that will give context.

                Your reply.

    versus

                Your reply, lazily put at the top.

                Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                > The whole big blob of the previous posts, including
                > signatures and all

        In fact, the author of the program stops following a thread
        the moment this lazy quoting method is used. He figures that
        if you can't take half a minute of your time to save multiple
        minutes of the readers time, the heck with ya.
---------- snip --------------

Regarding the admin pages, i would prefer to make a subdirextory
pages/admin in my catalog and copy the file for example item.html and
tiem_edit.html into that directory and I would change that admin pages.
If you have more than one catalog, any changing of
rootdir/lib/UI/pages/admin has effects for all catalogs. If you want to
add more fields to edit that field in item_edit.html, edit varaiable.txt
and change the variable UI_ITEM_FIELDS or add it. For example

UI_ITEM_FIELDS <TAB> sku title description mynewownfield1
myothernewfield etc...<TAB>  Item display

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]