[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Thu Feb 21 19:01:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Julia Jacobs wrote:

JJ>>I really don't think anyone can get a PayPal account without at least a
JJ>>checking account, can they?  How does PayPal withdraw the funds if there is
JJ>>no account to withdraw it from?

As of a month ago, PayPal was still doing accounts without bank accounts.

I've got a customer that will come in the store, place his order, determine
the whole cost and then go to PayPal to pay me. He mails a check to PayPal
to cover the payment. PayPal tells me that he has made the payment but that
I should wait until the check clears. A few days later, PayPal tells me that
the check has cleared and the money is in my account and that it's OK to
ship.

Had he sent the check to me directly, I would have shipped as soon as the
check arrived.

As far as I know, he has no bank accounts/charge cards tied to his account.

i've got no idea why he does it this way, unless he doesn't trust me with
his checking account number. But, buying a money order would take care of
that!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 19:00 PM:
Call my cat?! No, I just run the can opener...

This Linux System has been up 1245 hours