[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 21:12:00 2002

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 07:11 , Jim Balcom wrote:

> I've got a customer that will come in the store, place his order,
> determine
> the whole cost and then go to PayPal to pay me. He mails a check to
> PayPal
> to cover the payment. PayPal tells me that he has made the payment but
> that
> I should wait until the check clears. A few days later, PayPal tells me
> that
> the check has cleared and the money is in my account and that it's OK to
> ship.

Are you sure this is what is happening?  The so-called PayPal "eCheck"
is actually an ACH bank withdrawal from his account that has to clear.
There is no real check involved.  In my experiences with payPal in the
last 12-14 months or more, you c an only fund from a Credit Card or Bank
Account or your actual PayPal balance.

Chad