[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 21:20:00 2002

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 07:11 , Jim Balcom wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Julia Jacobs wrote:
>
> JJ>>I really don't think anyone can get a PayPal account without at
> least a
> JJ>>checking account, can they?  How does PayPal withdraw the funds if
> there is
> JJ>>no account to withdraw it from?
>
> As of a month ago, PayPal was still doing accounts without bank
> accounts.
>
> I've got a customer that will come in the store, place his order,
> determine
> the whole cost and then go to PayPal to pay me. He mails a check to
> PayPal
> to cover the payment. PayPal tells me that he has made the payment but
> that
> I should wait until the check clears. A few days later, PayPal tells me
> that
> the check has cleared and the money is in my account and that it's OK to
> ship.

Here is straight off the PayPal webpage for their policies:

Notice Date: November 29, 2001
Effective Date: December 15, 2001
To increase the security of the PayPal system, effective 12/15/2001,
members will be required to have a credit card or confirmed bank account
with PayPal before they can send any payments, even if they have funds
in their PayPal account.

Chad