[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Fri Feb 22 20:26:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

CLSL>>On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 07:11 , Jim Balcom wrote:
CLSL>>
CLSL>>> I've got a customer that will come in the store, place his order,
CLSL>>> determine
CLSL>>> the whole cost and then go to PayPal to pay me. He mails a check to
CLSL>>> PayPal
CLSL>>> to cover the payment. PayPal tells me that he has made the payment but
CLSL>>> that
CLSL>>> I should wait until the check clears. A few days later, PayPal tells me
CLSL>>> that
CLSL>>> the check has cleared and the money is in my account and that it's OK to
CLSL>>> ship.
CLSL>>>
CLSL>>
CLSL>>Are you sure this is what is happening?  The so-called PayPal "eCheck"
CLSL>>is actually an ACH bank withdrawal from his account that has to clear.
CLSL>>There is no real check involved.  In my experiences with payPal in the
CLSL>>last 12-14 months or more, you c an only fund from a Credit Card or Bank
CLSL>>Account or your actual PayPal balance.

That may be what is happening. I've not been on that side of it.

It would explain the rapidity of the clearing.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, February 22, 2002 at 20:30 PM:
But soft, what bird through yonder window breaks?

This Linux System has been up 1271 hours