[ic] IC 4.6.5: '&' becomes '&' in html entered with item editor

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 04:29:01 2002

Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> > No filters have been explicitly set for the field in question.  The
> > behavior occurs in an unmodified construct demo, installed right out of the
> > box, and has been tried with both gdbm and MySQL databases, not that it
> > would matter.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this, and is there a patch?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed L.
>
> Yes, I can! If as a super user, I'm able to add a link like <A
> HREF="[area 12345]">See the tools...</A> and that link is working in my
> shop. But an non-super-user will get a broken link, if he add the same
> kind of links into the products data table, because the char "[" will be
> stored als &lt; into the table.
>
> Ed,
>
> look into the usertag UI/usertag/display and search for the line
>
> my $DECODE_CHARS = qq{[<"\000-\037\177-\377};

> HTML::Entities::encode($text, '&');
> HTML::Entities::encode($text, $DECODE_CHARS);
>
> it seems to my, that is not right!
>
> Joachim

More infos:
I've trouble to reproduct the misbehavior, because I use FreeBSD with NS
4.77, WIN2K with NS 6.2 and IE 5.5. With that, I've no problem. My
customer use IE 6 and WIN NT and he has the problem. Maybe this infos
can show us the cause?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]