[ic] IC 4.6.5: '&' becomes '&' in html entered with item editor

Fri Feb 22 10:17:00 2002

At 10:22 AM 2/22/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> > > No filters have been explicitly set for the field in question.  The
> > > behavior occurs in an unmodified construct demo, installed right out
> of the
> > > box, and has been tried with both gdbm and MySQL databases, not that it
> > > would matter.
> > >
> > > Can anyone confirm this, and is there a patch?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ed L.
> >
> > Yes, I can! If as a super user, I'm able to add a link like <A
> > HREF="[area 12345]">See the tools...</A> and that link is working in my
> > shop. But an non-super-user will get a broken link, if he add the same
> > kind of links into the products data table, because the char "[" will be
> > stored als &lt; into the table.
> >
> > Ed,
> >
> > look into the usertag UI/usertag/display and search for the line
> >
> > my $DECODE_CHARS = qq{[<"\000-\037\177-\377};

> > HTML::Entities::encode($text, '&');
> > HTML::Entities::encode($text, $DECODE_CHARS);
> >
> > it seems to my, that is not right!
> >
> > Joachim
>
>More infos:
>I've trouble to reproduct the misbehavior, because I use FreeBSD with NS
>4.77, WIN2K with NS 6.2 and IE 5.5. With that, I've no problem. My
>customer use IE 6 and WIN NT and he has the problem. Maybe this infos
>can show us the cause?
>

>Joachim

Do both you and your customer user the same admin username and password, or
do you have different admin accounts - and if so, how do they differ?

Thanks for your analysis, I may take a closer look at that code today.  In
my case, my client had set up a non-su admin account in some strange way
that resulted in the problem; I was able to set up another account that had
the permissions that he needed, and also worked correctly with regards to
the html encoding. He is now (I assume) going through the differences
between the two accounts in an attempt to isolate what is causing that
behavior.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax