[ic] special_search component feedback (better late than never)

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 16:02:01 2002

Mr. Brendan Crosser-McGay,

Developer of the great special_search component!

A while back you asked for feedback on your component and I guess I could
make up a creative excuse like I was caught up in a freaky time machine
accident, but the truth is I only noticed these issues recently.

So I hope its not too late to give you some feedback regarding your killer
component.

I used it on my results.html page and deleted the content so I would not get
doubling search results.  I noticed that if there were more than 50 items in
a category, only the 50 would show with your component and the content
deleted out of the results.html page.  Whereas with the regular content in
the results page, over 50 items would create multiple pages to click and
view more items.  I tried to figure out how to add this feature to your
component or leave this feature in the content but I'm too much of an
Interchange newbie.  I'm hoping you can help me.

Another feature that would be soooooo awesome (if its not to much of a pain
in the butt to add) would be a drop down menu labelled: Layout Type and the
menu choices: boxes, rows.  Boxes would put the item thumb, SKU,
description, etc all in a single cell <td> as opposed to spreading it out
among 6 columns and 6 <td>s.  If Boxes is chosen you can put a number to see
how many items you want in a row.  The radial buttons the special_search
component currently has can stay the same for both layout types.
--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media