[ic] RE: PayPal (changed to there will be no more on the subject from me)

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 21:22:00 2002

On 2/22/02 9:02 PM, "Jim Balcom" <jim@idk-enterprises.com> wrote:

JB> I take Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. They can also
JB> mail in checks or Money Orders.

JB> I do not feel that I am losing any sales.

JB> I submit my sales to the Credit Card processor via my Point Of Sale
JB> system, which requires the manual entry of charge card data.
JB> I prefer this 'hands-on' method of doing business. I feel that it keeps
JB> me in touch with my customers.

JB> -= Jim =-

That's an interesting way of looking at it.  I guess some folks like that
"hands on approach".  Sort of like car drivers who prefer manual vs.
automatic shifting.
I got my client an online merchant account + the Authorizenet gateway for
$150 set up fee which is far cheaper than any terminal and merchant account
she could get through her bank.  I also got it for her in less than a week
which was far quicker than her bank could as well.  I'm sure there are
cheaper deals out there, but she was pretty pleased with the price, speed
and painless application process.
--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media