[ic] Sorting question

Roger Yarrow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Feb 23 16:32:00 2002

In my results.html, I would like my results to be sorted alphabetically.  To
do this, in my code I have something such as:

[search-region]
[search-list]
[sort products:category products:description]

Now, this works sort of.  Everything on the page is sorted alphabetically.

However, when there is more than one page of results, it does not work
exactly right.  Rather than sorting ALL the items alphabetically across all
the results pages, it only sorts each page individually.

For example, Page 1 has products A-Z, then Page 2 has another batch of
products A-Z, and so on.  I want Page 1 to be A-G, then page 2 to be H-Q,
and so on.

It is only sorting the first 50 products it finds, then the next 50, etc.  I
want it to sort them all first and then display.

Any suggestions on what to change?  Thanks.