[ic] Interchange DOES NOT work with Oracle - prove me wrong.

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 10:39:01 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Jon August wrote:

> I am using 8.0.5 with 4.8.3 and it doesn't work out of the box.  The
> install doesn't complete - you get some errors about a table import
> (country I believe) and then when you try to load up the country table
> manually, you can get into demo store and select items, but if you try
> to check out, the ic engine hangs and absolutely nothing works.

I think some of the Oracle table definitions regressed during the 4.7.x
series, after working fine in 4.6. Check the 3 recently updated files
here:

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/interchange/dist/foundation/dbconf/oracle/?only_with_tag=STABLE_4_8-branch

You should be able to download the most recent country.ora, options.ora,
and state.ora and overwrite your 4.8.3 copies and see things work.

Let me know if that solves it for you ...

Jon