[ic] Reliability of IC

Tue Feb 26 12:44:01 2002

At 10:54 AM 02/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>As part of my research into interchange, I joined this list to see what
>kinds of problems developers are running into on a regular basis.
>
>I think the power and flexibility and open-source support of interchange
>is amazing, but I'm wondering how reliable it is.
>
>Is it conceivable that, as an independent developer, I could build out a
>fairly simple cart/store and then walk away?

Absolutely. The routine maintenance stuff - expiring dead sessions,
deleting temp files, etc - can easily be handled with cron jobs.  If you
have database-specific needs like archiving or deleting aged data, even
that can be automated once you get a handle on Interchange programming. I
rarely hear from my completed projects, except to occasionally add new
features and answer "what if" questions - their stores just hum right along.

- Ed L.