[ic] include ssi perl code

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 18:56:01 2002

At 12:17 AM 2/27/02 +0000, Vutura - Internet Multimedia Werbung wrote:
>i have really some probs to embed a perl coded script into a interchange shop.
>I read really all mailings - i think - but i found no way!
>
>i have a poll script (xpoll.pl) which is for making a poll for the users.
>It is a really nice script and it works, if a call it directly (in the
>cgi-bin) or from a shtml
>page.
>
>now i really donīt know how to include this script in the interchange shop!
>i tried so many ways - i get crazy - i think...
>
>- include seems not to be for perl scripts
>- in globalsub & [pearl][/pearl]

I hope you actually use [perl], not [pearl].

>   i get no error messages so it is very difficult to change the script
>   - it needs some config files - and i donīt know the dir...
>   - it uses print instead of return

I think that is the major problem.  Print goes to STDOUT, which isn't what
you think it is with Interchange.

>- the ssi.pm seems no more to be downloadable - because the link fails.
>- the executer is a java implementation and i donīt like java at all - so
>i didnīt try it.
>- even my normal html files allow ssi now - but not ic

It isn't really IC that doesn't allow SSI, it is Apache:  You can't SSI
inside something that isn't parsed by Apache.  You might as well be asking
why your polling script won't include Interchange.

I think the real solution is to place it in a globalsub.  If it uses file
operations and general unSafe things, you'll have to hack around Safe.  Of
course, if all the script does is allow voting, you might as well write
your own that is native to Interchange.  It can't be that complex of a
script.  This way, you could write hooks into the userDB and perhaps allow
voting on products, etc...  and then share with the community.  :-)