[ic] Reliability of IC

sphen boyle interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 14:58:01 2002

the only problem that we have ran into with interchange is that sometimes
it creates a dead process that uses up over 100 megs ram and a lot of the
processor.  i think i t was something to do with the prefork mode or
something, but what we do is just have interchange restart every 24 hours
and that situation doesnt really happen.  our web server, which is only
used for one interchange site, has handled over 3.5 million hits so far
for february and has a product database of about 10,000 products.  The
only suggestion is to get as much memory as you can, as it will improve
performance alot.  we have 768 megs installed and we never use swap.  hope
that helps.