[ic] Display Quantity Discount in Flypage

Wed Feb 27 19:23:00 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:29:49PM +0000, Steve Graham wrote:
> Thanks for the tip Jim.
>
> Currently I already have another database called group discount which holds
> the discounts at specific quantity breaks for the various items we have.
> The break prices are usually at box qty, say 6, and case qty say 36. But
> with all the differenct mfg's we deal with they are all different. Some
> have a box qty at 4, and a case at 24, bx at 12, and case at 48. So I have
> a huge list of qty breaks for each item that has a sku in the pricing file.
> I have written an external program to apply the discounts in my
> groupdiscount file to the pricing file - whenever manufacturers have a
> price increase.

Have you considered not handling this in IC at all, but writing an
external program - a "price server" - of some sort and tying it in
to IC by overriding the item price routine?  For a handful of manufacturers
that might not be worth it, it depends on count of "all the different
mfgs's" and how often pricing changes.  You might well find that the
rules for one mfg break the rules for another.

Debugging the unintended consequences of one price change could
make it all worthwhile.