[ic] Seperate SSL domain works for checkout and not Admin

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 11:54:01 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Web Administrator wrote:

> I am having problems with the admin portal after changing SSL to a
> different domain, www.domain.com changes to secure.domain.com.
>
> After logging into the Admin portal the first page appears and the
> address is https://secure.domain.com. Clicking on any link brings
> up a "maybe you need to log in" message.

I had this happen as well ... I actually change from www.domain.com to
www.domainsecure.com. On our catalog, I discovered that, UI_SECURE was
not set in variable.txt ... the login page will be secure because the
default AlwaysSecure options in catalog.cfg include the login page,
but each link after that jumps back to the other server and now you're
hosed. :)

Check your variable.txt for UI_SECURE, should be "1" not blank.

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross :: Specialty Web Products WNY :: BiznessOnline.com
  <lgross@thebiz.net> :: home office 585.343.0424 :: cell 585.330.9005