[ic] Redirecting Based on Domain

Michael Stearne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 14:21:01 2002

Jason Kohles wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:31:33PM -0500, Michael Stearne wrote:
>
>>I was thinking about mod_rewrite and may do that, but was also looking
>>for an Interchange way to do it so if the application was moved there
>>would be less things to configure (Interchange AND Apache).  But I will
>>look at both.
>>

>There isn't an Interchange way to do it, because the request doesn't even
>hit Interchange until after the redirect happens, so it must be done in the
>web server.

That's true sine I gave the example of am.mydomain.com points to
www.mydomain.com/fea/.... where it wouldn't hit Interchange at the main
request.  I will probably be looking into mod_rewrite again.

One question though, while using Perl (or ITL) code in ITL can I get the
server name (HTTP_HOST) or any of the other environment variables?

Thanks,
Michael