[ic] Variable that holds HTTP_REFERER

Wed Jan 2 19:40:54 2002

Quoting interch <interch@client.paymentonline.com>:

> I tried using the [data session referer] approach to get the
> HTTP_REFERER,
> which works except in my case  HTTP_REFERER can change within the same
> session, and the session database only holds the data for the first
> time
> the user hits the site, so if the user comes in later from a different
> url [data session referer] still shows the original referer url.  I
> tried
> to get a value from $ENV{HTTP_REFERER} in a perl tag but it doesnt' have
> value.  Any suggestions?

I wrote a simple usertag for this a while ago called [env], and more recently I
committed it to the core, so I am guessing that it should be in 4.8.3
distributions (though I will admit I have not unpacked one yet). You can also
search the maillist archives for 'Usertag [env]' as I originally posted the
code to this list.

- Ed L.
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax