[ic] Writing informaton to database

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 03:50:13 2002

Steven Potter wrote:

> I would like to write some of the users order information to a different
> table in the database for statistical use.  What is the best way to
> approch this?  I know I could do it with a [query sql=insert into ....]
> but that doesn't strike me as very secure.  What other methods would you
> suggest?  I searched the archives and didn't find anything, but if you
> know of a thread, point me there.

Look or search for the tag "log"!

---------- snip -----------

------log

Log contained text to specified file.

Summary

    [log fileother_named_attributes]

 Parameters   Description                               Default
 arg          Alias for file                            DEFAULT_VALUE
 create       Set create=1 to create the file if not
presentDEFAULT_VALUE
 delim        Line delimiter                            DEFAULT_VALUE
 file         name of file to log to. 'file=">filename"' also sets
'create' attribute.DEFAULT_VALUE
 hide         Suppress status otherwise returned by tag to the
page.DEFAULT_VALUE
 process      Processing (if any) to apply to the content while
loggingnostrip (don't strip leading/trailing whitespace and convert
"\r\n" to "\n"DEFAULT_VALUE
 record_delim Record delimiter                          DEFAULT_VALUE
 type         Log typetext (ordinary text file)quot (delimited
entries)error (add Interchange error formatting and time/location
stamps)DEFAULT_VALUE

 Attributes                        Default
 ATT1                              none
 interpolate                       No
 reparse                           Yes

 Other_Charactreristics
 Invalidates cache                 no
 Container tag                     Yes
 Has Subtags                       No
 Nests                             No
etc...

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]