[ic] Writing informaton to database

Wed Jan 9 12:54:00 2002

At 10:09 PM 01/08/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I would like to write some of the users order information to a different
>table in the database for statistical use.  What is the best way to
>approch this?  I know I could do it with a [query sql=insert into ....]
>but that doesn't strike me as very secure.  What other methods would you
>suggest?  I searched the archives and didn't find anything, but if you
>know of a thread, point me there.
>
>Thanks
>
>Steven Potter

Seems like the logical thing would be to use the [import ...][/import] tag
pair in etc/log_transaction.  If you don't want to clutter up that page,
you could also put the import in a file by itself and add an order Route to
pass execution through it. Both [import] and order routing are well
documented, and the foundation demo is loaded with practical examples.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax