[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Mon Jan 14 21:21:01 2002

On 14 Jan 2002, Matthew Schick wrote:

MS>>> RH is a big company.  They do this for their business
MS>>> potential and growth, unlike programmers who enjoy giving
MS>>> out their free script because they love what they do.  I
MS>>> just hope that RH will be more profitable if they do better
MS>>> documentation.  Software without manual is worth a penny.
MS>>>
MS>>
MS>>There are manuals.  You can download the PDF's or purchase the books
MS>>from RedHat.

But, according to Jeff Carnahan, that's not enough. You also have to go to
the web page an plow around for a while and get info that's not in the
downloadable stuff.

MS>>Not being 'ill-tempered'.  Just stating a fact.  You don't like the
MS>>documentation, learn the software and contribute your own.  If everyone
MS>>who uses IC were to pick a tag and improve/clarify the docs for that
MS>>tag, imagine how much things would improve.

You are exactly right! As we find better explanations we should contribute
them!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, January 14, 2002 at 21:25 PM:
URA Redneck if you answer the door with a baseball bat

This Linux System has been up 336 hours