[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Jeff Carnahan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 00:03:01 2002

} MS>>There are manuals.  You can download the PDF's or purchase the books
} MS>>from RedHat.
}
} But, according to Jeff Carnahan, that's not enough. You also have to go to
} the web page an plow around for a while and get info that's not in the
} downloadable stuff.
}

I never said you needed to download anything to begin with. And two clicks
is hardly 'plowing' around.

And, the documentation for the file tag *IS* included in the downloadable,
static documentation. Look at section 2.27 in the Interchange Tag
Reference, you'll find it's description and arguments. As for the exact
syntax to use, it's clearly explained in the first chapter of that same
downloadable document -- in 1.1 Tag Syntax.

I was able to find the information you were seeking in less than 10 seconds
by using a natural language query and by looking at the index of the
downloadable documentation.

Again, I fail to see the difficulty here.

--
Jeff Carnahan - jcarnahan@networq.com