[ic] Foundation and MySQL

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 09:55:01 2002

> I installed the foundation demo store, works just fine. But now i realized
> that it doesn't
> run on MySQL.
> So I changed the Variable in the Admin interface:
> MYSQL to yes.
> SQLUSER to root
>
> Now I restarted the interchange. And I got the following Error:
>

> Restarting Interchange Server: interchange.
> RPC traffic settings.
> Calling UI...
> "mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at
> /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange line 2753
> ...UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.8.3
> Configuring catalog foundation...Using MySQL, DSN=...table
> 'options' failed:
> connect failed (create) -- Can't connect( root  ), no database driver
> specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at
> /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 201

This has been covered extensively in the mailing list.  Search for DBI, DBD
or DSN and you should find detailed answers.   In a nut shell, your PERL
installation does not have DBI/DBD correctly installed and interchange
cannot make a connection to MySQL.  You must have a correctly functioning
DBI/DBD setup before you can run interchange using MySQL.