[ic] Is there another manual way to install interchange? - i don't have telnet or ssh access.

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 08:45:00 2002

> I would like to install Interchange on my site, but i have a problem i am
> paying hosting service and i only have a simple username, ftp and web
> application access. I do not have a shell access.
>
> I have the posibility to install it only putting the rigth files in the right
> places.
>
> What i have in my hosting services?
>
> - x space in MB's
> - MySQL databases
> - cgi-bin directory
> - Perl
> - ftp access
> - web application access
> - i don't have telnet or ssh access
>
> Can't i install Interchange?

You need to either get them to provide you with some form of shell
access, or get them to install Interchange for you.  Even if they
install Interchange, you will find shell access to be necessary on
occasion.

I suggest that you simply switch your hosting services supplier to
someone who supports Interchange or get a dedicated server.