[ic] "Place Order" not working

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 11:07:01 2002

Quoting john j <john711685@yahoo.com>:
> > I've got everything ready on my site and now I'mn
> > tweaking the checkout
> > page. I tested it a couple of times using 4111 1111
> > 1111 1111 as a credit
> > card and it worked a few times. I successfully
> > placed a few orders. Then it
> > stopped working. Even if I leave everything blank
> > and click on Place Order
> > it only seems to refreshthe page. It does not give
> > me any error messages.
> > (That is, no missing labels in Red.)
> >
> > Just in case I had inadvertantly changed something I
> > replaced my
> > checkout.html with the one from the foundation
> > store. Same results.
> >
> > The best way to describe it is that it is as if the
> > Place Order button is
> > acting like the Recalculate button.
> >
> > Has anyone else ever had this problem?
> >
> restart your PC as well as IC

Well restarting the PC help?  I don't see how.  Perhaps I'm missing
something.

It sounds to me like there are checks in the profiles.order that
are failing, and there is no associated error reporting code on the
page.  Have you modified profiles.order recently?

Put something like the following at the top of the checkout, as test
code, to see if there are any errors that you are not displaying.

    [error all=1 show_label=1 show_error=1 joiner="<br>" keep=1]

If anything shows up then modify the checkout page to properly display
the error in the field text.