[ic] Extended Value Access and File Upload

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 07:29:01 2002

> test.html
>
> <PRE>
>    Uploaded file name: [value-extended name=newfile]
>    Is newfile a file? [value-extended name=newfile yes=Yes no=No
> test=isfile]
>    Write the file: [value-extended name=newfile outfile=junk.upload]
>    Write again with indication: [value-extended name=newfile
> outfile=junk.upload yes="Written." no="FAILED"]
>    And the file contents: [value-extended name=newfile file_contents=0]
>    </PRE>

outfile should include a path relative to your catroot, eg
outfile=images/junk.upload

> Here is the output on test.html:
>
> 	Uploaded file name: C:\818\3.jpg
>    	Is newfile a file? Yes
>    	Write the file:
>    	Write again with indication: Written.
>    	And the file contents: C:\818\3.jpg

I see some obvious errors such as Write the file being blank

I think you need yes=1 and no=0 to return something.

> and c:\ included in the file name.

I don't see that as wrong. This is just the name as passed from the form. I
use a regex to get the name from the full path, like you included in your
message.

..

#1. Has anyone used this feature successfully, if so, can you help?
Yes it works fine for me.

#2. How do I define the upload directory?
see above. afaik, in a default install using makecat you get a symlink
between <catroot>/images and the images folder in html space.

good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.