[ic] ActionMap & mv_form_profile

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 04:32:01 2002

> I defined an ActionMap (myaction) in catalog.cfg
> It basically handles the cgi values submitted by a form
> and sets the mv_nextpage to another page.

> When I change in the form tag [area myaction] to [area process], and add
> &success myaction
> to the mv_form_profile , checking is done. However, when all fields are
> filled in (thus complying with the required),
> I get an error message: 'Sorry, the page (myaction) was not found'.

The form profile code is called from within the "process" action and
has not been coded into your custom action.  The 'Sorry...' message will
appear when you try to call a *page* called myaction rather than an
actual action.  Try one of these:

1) Copy the form profile code from the do_process sub, in the
   bin/interchange script, into your custom action.

2) Create the action as a FormAction, set the <form> action to
   "[process-target]" and set mv_todo=action_name from within an
   mv_click callback.  The process action will be called and the
   form profile will be checked.  If this passes, the mv_click
   will be called, followed by the FormAction specified in the
   mv_todo.

That probably makes some sort of sense :-)