[ic] Sorting Options

Tue Jul 2 00:53:01 2002

Quoting Cameron (lists@cameroncorda.com):
> Kevin Walsh wrote:
>
> >>What do I need to add to make the options sorted by their sort field?
> >>

> >You need "tf=sort" in your original search parameter list.  The "tf"
> >parameter specifies the column(s) by which the search results should
> >be sorted.
> >
> >For more information, see the "The Search Engine" section of the
> >"Interchange Database" manual.
> >

> I already have a tf in the original search, that sorts the search so
> that the products form in the right way.  I'm talking about the options
> table.  If I want a product to list the options in the order color, then
> size, then price, what do I do?  Currently I have the values 01, 02, and
> 03 for the options in the order I want.  The problem is that sometimes
> options will get listed in different orders, e.g. size, then color, then
> price.

That is actually a deficiency in the code. Matrix options sort by the
o_sort field (or whatever MV_OPTION_TABLE_MAP defines that to be). That
should also be done for simple options if the field is present, I think.

Certainly it should be done with an option.

I will put this in the todo list.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>