[ic] Newbie - in need of desparate help

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 2 11:00:01 2002

At 10:23 AM 7/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> > >After installing the RPM, it apparently does not set the MailOrderTo
> > >correctly.  After correcting this, it then has the same problems as the
> > >tarball (see below)
> > >
> > >After installing the tarball, I have permission problems (which can be
> > >easily rectified), but then I am given the following message(s):
> > >
> > >Configuring catalog foundation... foundation configuration error:
>products
> > >not a database, cannot use as products file
> > >foundation: error in config. Skipping
> > >foundation: config error. Skipping
> >
> > That is still a permissions issue - Interchange either can't read the
> > catalog.cfg, or the the table definitions, or the table source files, etc.
> >
>Could someone tell me where the table definitions (and/or table source code
>files) are located??

CATROOT/yourcat/dbconf/your_db_type/    #the table definitions
CATROOT/yourcat/products/               #the table sources: *.asc *.txt *.csv

The location of CATROOT for the RPM install is typically
/var/lib/interchange, I think - unless you specified something different
when you made your catalog.

- Ed L.