[ic] Cookies Disabled = cart contents disappearing

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 2 14:15:01 2002

At 10:00 AM 07/02/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, I just tested my store with cookies disabled and found that the cart
>won't hold the items in it that way.  I thought the session information
>was supposed to be kept in a cookie and in the URL in case of this type of
>situation?  ALL of my links are [area xxx] links.  I do notice the session
>info in the URL changing at unpredictable times.  What do I need to do to
>keep that session information working in the URL in case the user has
>cookies disabled?  Thanks!
>
>- Grant

Go through all the forms in your catalog and make sure they contain this
hidden input:

<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">

I thought that this was 100% the case in the demo by now, but I might be
mistaken. Failing that, something else is amiss.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax