[ic] Adding Special Admin Area - Basic Questions

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 3 10:54:01 2002

"Dog Tags" <dogtags@doglover.com> writes:

> Hi All
>
> We will be adding a special Admin area. This will allow only very restrictive viewing of certain parts of the orders to only a few users.
>
> This special admin area will be in addition to the standard admin area of IC.
>
> What I wanted to know is:
>
> 1. Can a separate admin area be added without too much trouble?

Yes, you can just put any page into pages/admin of your catalog, which will
override an existing UI page or is a completely new option, like
pages/admin/dogtags.html.

You can integrate a new page by editing products/icmenu.txt in the right way
(it is just another IC database) and reconfig the catalog.

> 2. Can I simply copy over some admin sections, do some renaming, and have it accessed like the following:
>
> http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/foundation/specialadmin/index.html

Creating special admin sections is easy too, you need just a login page like
the UI one and put a header to all other pages like that:

[if !session logged_in]
[bounce page="dogtags/login"]
[/if]

You can check almost any attribute of your users here.

> 3. Must I adjust the cookies to create a separate group of users, or can I simply create a list of user names that the special admin section will be activated for?

Add an special attribute for these users to access or userdb and check it
on top of these pages.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT