[ic] using .NET passport with Interchange?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 3 13:02:01 2002

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 12:49 , Aaron Hazelton wrote:

> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>> On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 11:31 , Aaron Hazelton wrote:
>>>

>>> Also, if anyone has thoughts on how
>>> beneficial it would be or if its even worth the
>>> trouble?  just thinking about it...
>>>

>> Not that you asked for this abuse :-), but, from a political
>> standpoint,
>> do you really want to encourage that sort of thing?
>>
>> Chad
>>

> from a "political standpoint"? guess I don't get it.
> just looking for some input, Im not really familiar
> with the whole ".net" thing anyways

Hi Aaron

What I meant was (and nothing personal):  .NET is from Microsoft, also
called Microsh*t, Microshaft, M$, The Beast, etc.  Supporting .NET is a
way of encouraging their attempts at taking over the internet.  Some
people feel strongly about that, and that includes many Linux and other
Unix people, and anyone who values fair use and "personal computing" as
well...

best
Chad