[ic] Is there limitations on number of catalogs run?

Shirlyn Wong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 4 02:12:02 2002

Hello all,

This is in relation to the previous e-mail I sent wherein I stated I've
been having problems with my Apache web servers recently being unable to
spawn children.  I guess what's happening is that the interchange user is
running interchange binary in cgi-bin and taking too much resources so after
a few hours, cgi-bin in general won't work.  Is that the case?  I have
defined 6 catalogs with high traffic in interchange.cfg.  Is there a
limit to number of catalogs I can define per interchange.cfg?  Can I run
multiple interchange processes?  I see only one when I do "ps."  Is there
anything I can do to ensure that I can have multiple catalogs without
hosing my web server?

I have defined the interchange user to be able to run in 10MB memory space
and max nproc of 200.  My Apache user is likewise defined.  I also have
the expireall daily as recommended.

Furthermore, any recommendations on what timeout per child should I set?
I have each child web process die after 100 requests.  Is that too low?

Thanks all.

--
Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess