[ic] Disable Inventory

Daniel A. Shockley interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 7 17:46:01 2002

I was trying for a while to find out how to prevent an order from
decrementing inventory. I searched the mailing-list archives and came
up with details on how to remove "in-stock" and "out-of-stock"
notification, but saw advice saying to just set the inventory
quantities VERY high. However, I've come across the
DECREMENT_INVENTORY variable in the Orders pref_group, and noticed it
was set to 1. I changed it to 0, and now items don't decrement
inventory when ordered. Just thought this may be useful to others.

--
----
Daniel A. Shockley, Database Programmer